We are proud to be involved in some of the world's largest and most important petroleum transactions.
What We Do
We have over thirty years' experience in the drafting, negotiation and implementation of:
- Production sharing contracts and similar agreements between host governments and international oil companies;
- Unitisation Agreements and Unit Operating Agreements;
- Joint venture agreements and Joint Operating Agreements between oil companies;
- Oil and gas transportation and sale agreements;
- Drafting of oil laws and petroleum regulations for developing oil nations.
We act mainly, but not exclusively, for the major oil companies, both operators and non-operators, energy fund managers, host governments and state oil companies. Representative clients include:
Petroleum is a global business. An international petroleum transaction crosses not only political and legal boundaries, but also cultural and linguistic ones. We are experienced in addressing the unique issues and challenges of global contracting. Our global experience includes the following jurisdictions:
- Equatorial Guinea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Our business and reputation are built on:
- Good legal qualifications and a thorough understanding of the law
- Over thirty years' exposure to upstream industry and contract forms
- The ability to understand commercial situations and achieve corporate objectives
- The provision of concise and relevant communications and advice
- The ability to draft and negotiate clear and workable agreements
- Strict compliance with all legal, professional and contractual obligations.